Din DC24V 1x2 2x2 4x4 MM fiber External Bypass fiber switch
Introduction of 8 channel Bypass Switch
OM-FBS-44-MLC is an external fiber bypass unit for critical optical-nodes in optical network system.
- It supports 100G/40G/10G/1G and 100M fiber connections and offers LC multimode option.
- It is usually used in some major optical networks involving ring connection and multiple devices such as in railway communication systems, factory automation and important optical nodes where intended or unexpected power loss occurs.
Product Features of Optical Fiber Bypass
- Available in existing/new optical nodes
- Support Din/Wall mounting
- Industrial removable green terminal block
- Operating temperature: -20℃ ~70℃
- Robust IP40 level housing
- Bypass switching time ≤10ms
- Low insertion loss, low channel crosstalk
- DC9V~DC52V redundant power input
Specification of optical Bypass Unit
|Optical Fiber Bypass Switch
|Standard industrial terminal block.
|Optical Fiber Interface
|Typ:0.6 dB Max:1.0 dB ; Typ:0.6dB Max:1.0 dB
|MM≥30 dB SM≥50 dB
|MM≥35 dB SM≥55 dB
|Transmission optical power
Application diagram of fiber bypass switch
- Easy power control for networking system
- System Monitoring
- Smart protection of optical paths
What is bypass switch?
Bypass unit or module is usually used to protect the network system(bypassing the device it connects) when power is suddenly off.
In a linear network system(like below diagram), the transmission is fine if the data/SFP/power is normal.
What if any power supply is off (like power surge, striking, man-made damage...)
The whole network system will fail.
Another situation is, power overhaul/maintenance is required for switch 2(the middle one) area, lets say for 12 hours, the whole system got to stop.
With a bypass module/switch, it is like putting in a protection mechanism in the whole system.
A bypass switch helps protect the whole system if one or many switches fail at the same time.
- 1pc optical fiber bypass switch
- 1pc user manual
- 1pc warranty card